A message from our Physicians and CEO
We have been monitoring the quickly evolving COVID-19 situation and have been implementing new procedures to protect the health and safety of our patients, employees and physicians. We understand that our patients still need critical orthopaedic services.
OID is deemed an essential business based on the Stay at Home Order from the State of Ohio. Therefore, we have developed an ongoing plan with three guiding principles:
- First, we must continue to care for the community who are suffering from orthopedic conditions.
- Second, we must provide care in a socially responsible manner that helps combat the spread of the virus.
- Third and most important, we must provide a safe environment for all of our patients, physicians and staff.
With all this in mind, the following plan is being implemented, effective Monday, April 24th:
- OID will condense operations into our main location on Woodman Drive.
- We will have reduced clinic availability in order to spread out our patient population and maintain proper social distancing. Call our office at 937-298-4417 to schedule an appointment.
- We will have an enhanced screening process to enter the building. This screening process is REQUIRED for all employees, physicians and patients to enter our facilities.
- We have launched telehealth services where clinicians can perform a video visit for routine follow-up care and post-operative care to reduce exposure risks with an in-person visit. You can schedule these by calling our office at 937-298-4417.
Patient Check-In Process
- Patients will be greeted at the main entrance by a staff member directing them to the screening process.
- All patients will leave their car and go to the screening station at the main entrance of our building.
- A staff member will ask each person a series of questions and will take each person’s temperature. If they do not pass the screening, they will be asked to reschedule for a later date.
- If a caregiver does need to enter with a patient, they will be required to pass the screening process as well.
Please be patient with our team members and understand some of these steps may change as we refine this process as needed. Throughout this, OID will continue to prioritize the safety of our patients, employees and community and will coordinate with federal and local public health authorities. Thank you for your understanding and we will keep you updated via this webpage as the situation evolves.
If you have any questions regarding the Coronavirus, safety, screening procedures, or your appointment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In response to the Coronavirus, our office hours have temporarily changed:
- Monday: 8am — 5pm
- Tuesday: 8am — 5pm
- Wednesday: 8am — 5pm
- Thursday: 8am — 5pm
- Friday: Clinic is Closed, Phone hours from 8am — 1pm
- Our Jamestown office is temporarily closed.