A message from our Physicians and CEO
Due to the continuing spread of COVID-19 and other various viruses, The Orthopaedic Institute of Dayton is taking precautionary measures and monitoring the outbreak. Our effort is to provide social responsibility in this evolving pandemic. We are acting in accordance with guidelines set forth by the CDC and the Department of Heath of the State of Ohio, for the safety of our staff and patients.
Please be advised of the following changes:
Effective Wednesday, July 8, at 6:00 pm, the Dept. of Health, in the State of Ohio, has mandated that all persons in Montgomery County wear face coverings! You will be asked to provide your own, but we will have them available as well if you do not have one.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the practice
- You will be asked to reschedule if you are not wearing a mask
- If you or someone you know have any symptoms of COVID-19 or other disease please stay home
- Visitors are welcome to come with patients but will be asked to remain in their vehicle, grab a cup of coffee, go for a walk etc…
- Minors seeing the providers will be allowed to have ONE adult accompany them!
- Please DO NOT bring small children with you to your appointment, if you do, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment
- Prior to entering our facility, you will be asked health questions and we will take your temperature before entering the building
We have been monitoring the quickly evolving COVID-19 situation and have been implementing new procedures to protect the health and safety of our patients, employees and physicians. We understand that our patients still need critical orthopaedic services.
OID is deemed an essential business based on the Stay at Home Order from the State of Ohio. Therefore, we have developed an ongoing plan with three guiding principles:
- First, we must continue to care for the community who are suffering from orthopedic conditions.
- Second, we must provide care in a socially responsible manner that helps combat the spread of the virus.
- Third and most important, we must provide a safe environment for all of our patients, physicians and staff.
- We will have reduced clinic availability in order to spread out our patient population and maintain proper social distancing. Call our office at 937-298-4417 to schedule an appointment.
- We will have an enhanced screening process to enter the building. This screening process is REQUIRED for all employees, physicians and patients to enter our facilities.
- We have launched telehealth services where clinicians can perform a video visit for routine follow-up care and post-operative care to reduce exposure risks with an in-person visit. You can schedule these by calling our office at 937-298-4417.
Please be vigilant and do your part.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Please utilize the hand sanitizer around the office if soap and water is not available to you.
- Please avoid touching your face
- If you have to sneeze or cough please cover it with your elbow, tissue or your shirt.
Patient Check-In Process
- Patients will be greeted at the main entrance by a staff member directing them to the screening process.
- All patients will leave their car and go to the screening station at the main entrance of our building.
- A staff member will ask each person a series of questions and will take each person’s temperature. If they do not pass the screening, they will be asked to reschedule for a later date.
- If a caregiver does need to enter with a patient, they will be required to pass the screening process as well.
Please be patient with our team members and understand some of these steps may change as we refine this process as needed. Throughout this, OID will continue to prioritize the safety of our patients, employees and community and will coordinate with federal and local public health authorities. Thank you for your understanding and we will keep you updated via this webpage as the situation evolves.
If you have any questions regarding the Coronavirus, safety, screening procedures, or your appointment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In response to the Coronavirus, our office hours have temporarily changed:
- Monday: 7:30am — 5pm
- Tuesday: 7:30am — 5pm
- Wednesday: 7:30am — 5pm
- Thursday: 7:30am — 5pm
- Friday: 7:30am — 3:30pm
- Our Jamestown office is temporarily closed.